Welcome Back Bayside Sharks
Bayside is looking forward to welcoming all students back to school; both new and returning.
School Start Up Tuesday, September 6, 2022:
- Each student will attend the first day on the following schedule:
- Grade 6, 7 and 8 : Tuesday, September 6 --- 8:30 – 10:30 am
- On the first day students will meet at the front of the school.
- Student names will be posted with their division number on a large board along the front of the building. Grade 6 students will gather by the shark where their boards will be available.
- Students will move to the field where homeroom teachers will be displaying their division number.
- They will line up and the teacher will take attendance and then head into the school.
- Staff will be outside to greet students and ensure they know where they are going.
- We ask that parents/guardians please drop off their children no more than 15 minutes early and remain off the school grounds. We are unable to meet with families on the first day. Please make an appointment through the school email at email@example.com to meet with school staff if necessary.
- Bus service will be available, check the district website for routes and times. Please ensure that you have registered for the bus through the Saanich Schools website at https://saanichschools.ca/resources/studentsfamilies/transportation
- Please do not send your child to school with their school supplies on the first day.
Full school days will begin on Wednesday, September 7 at 8:30-2:33pm.
Structure of the School Day:
- Students will spend the bulk of their day with their homeroom class.
- Students will continue to participate in elective classes (including band if registered) and physical education.
Action Items for Parents
- Notify the school as soon as possible if you have an alternative plans for your student
Rae Dennett Kim Graves
Principal Vice Principal