Friday November 18 Announcements
Friday, Nov 18, 2022
Info for Students…
- Bartering Fair: HEY! HEY! HEY! BAYSIDE!!! The Bartering Fair is coming up fast so you better get your items together! On Wednesday, Nov 30th in blocks 1 and 2 you will trade your items for other items that you want. Yes! Shopping without cash!!!! Remember to get your new or gently used items together asap and don’t forget to ask your guardians BEFORE you take the items to school for the BARTERING FAIRE on WEDNESDAY, Nov 30. This week, be sure to watch “one red paperclip” with your class.
- Pokemon Club: If you love Pokemon and are interested in playing or trading cards, battling, or learning how to draw your favourite mons, come on down to S117A at lunch.
- Grade 6/7 Boys Rec Basketball: Reminder of your practice today at 12:45 in the gym. Also thank you to Maria-Victoria and Ava for doing the scorekeeping during yesterday’s jamboree.
- Grade 6/7 Boys Rec Basketball: Bayside 1 fought with honour and played well in two competitive games at Bayside yesterday. Bayside 2 had a competitive start to the jamboree, but a very strong finish at North Saanich.
- Grade 7 Boys Competitive Basketball: The grade 7 boys team played a very strong team from Gordon Head yesterday and while the Sharks didn’t win the game they played with great effort and determination. Reminder of your practice on Monday morning at 7:15am.
- Learning Commons: The LC will be closed today. The LC is open Monday to Thursday.
- Bump Competition: Congratulations to our two bump champions!! Everyone played great and the crowd was awesome! Apologies to the grade 7 and 8’s who had to play one massive game due to time constraints…don’t worry though we will be able to have another tournament soon!
- Upcoming Dodgeball Tournament: Attention all Sharks! We will be having our first school wide dodgeball tournament of the year starting on Tuesday November 29th. You need to start gathering your team as we will be doing team sign-up next week! Teams need to be made up of 10 players and can have any mixture of grades playing on a team. The winning team will receive a pizza lunch prize, and will have a chance to battle the staff. Please see Mr. Davidson if you have any questions. Start gathering your team now, and don’t forget…..GO SHARKS!
- Announcers: Next week's announcers will be Jack, James and Jayden.
Important Dates to Remember...
Nov 30 – Bartering Fair
Dec 01 – Gr. 6 Immunizations
Dec 02 – PJ Day
Dec 05 – FAAS #2 Begins
Dec 07 – PAC Meeting; 6:00pm in the Learning Commons
Dec 14 – Report Cards Distributed
Dec 14 – Winter Band Concert
Dec 16 – PJ and Holiday Hat Day
Dec 19–Jan 02 – Winter Break, no school in session