Monday October 24 Announcements
Monday, Oct 24, 2022
Info for Students…
- Geography Trivia Club: Geography Trivia Club is today in the LC at lunch.
- Grade 8 Boys Basketball: Practice today in the gym at lunch.
- Grade 6/7 Boys Recreational Basketball: Reminder of your practice tomorrow morning at 7:15am in the gym.
- Grade 7/8 Competitive Girls Basketball. If you do not yet have a jersey please see Mr Stoehr at recess in E106 as you have a game today after school. Also, good luck to both the girls and boys competitive grade 8 basketball teams as they have their first games of the season today. The girls play at Gordon Head school and the boys take on Monterey here at Bayside at 3:45pm. Come on down to the gym today and cheer them on.
- Touch Football: Attention Sharks, there will be no touch football this week due to parent-teacher interviews and early dismissal. We will plan to play again next Wednesday November 2nd weather permitting.
- Learning Commons: The LC will be closed today to set up for the book fair.
- Russell Books Fair Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: Bayside is hosting a Russell Books Fair in the LC and each class will have a scheduled time to come and buy books and trinkets. Cash, debit, and credit cards are accepted. The fair will also be open after school for parents & families to come during parent-teacher conferences.
- Early Dismissal and Parent/Teacher Conferences: Wednesday & Thursday will be early dismissal, students will be dismissed at 1:33pm. Buses will run at the earlier schedule.
Information for Parents…
- Student Photos: Student photos will be sent home today. Retakes are scheduled for Nov 8 if your child was absent or would like a retake photo.
- PAC Meeting: The next PAC meeting is Wednesday, Nov 2 at 6:00pm in the Learning Commons. Everyone welcome to join! Click here for the Teams meeting link.
Important Dates to Remember...
Oct 26 & 27 – Early Dismissal, students dismissed at 1:33pm
Oct 26 & 27 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
Oct 31 – Halloween Howl
Nov 01 - Poppy Campaign Starts
Nov 02 – PAC Meeting in the Learning Commons; 6:00pm
Nov 08 – Photo Retakes
Nov 10 – Remembrance Day Assembly
Nov 11 – Remembrance Day, no school in session