Tuesday November 15 Announcements
Tuesday, Nov 15, 2022
Info for Students…
- Paper Recycling: Div. 8-6 requests that all teachers have their paper recycling bin placed outside their room by the end of Block 1 so that our class can collect them and empty them for you. Thank you, Merci, HISKWE!
- Bayside Yearbook Cover Contest! If you are interested in designing this year’s yearbook cover, please submit your design to Ms. Isbister in the LC. Covers must be on 8.5/11 size paper, include colour, and include “Bayside Middle School” and the year 2022-23. Designs are due by Tuesday, November 22.
- Grade 7 Boys Basketball: Well done on your first win of the season last Thursday here at Bayside. Thank you to Cage and Sofija for doing the scorekeeping.
- Grade 6/7 Girls Basketball: Practice today at lunch. Good luck in your jamboree today at Glanford Middle School. Go get em Sharks.
- GSA: GSA Club will meeting today at lunch. GSA club members, please meet in the MPR at the beginning of BIG recess to go on a nature walk for rock collecting. Dress warmly, we will be outside today!
- Japanese Club: The Japanese Club is meeting today at 1pm in the LC. Everyone is welcome, no experience necessary.
- Leadership: Leadership will meet tomorrow at lunch in the Home Ec room.
- Grade Wide Basketball Bump Competition: Attention all Sharks!! Our next school wide competition is this Thursday!! Mr. Davidson will be hosting a school-wide basketball bump competition in the big gym. All students are welcome, and there is no need to sign up…just show up in the gym right after indoor eating time. All rules and instructions will be provided before the tournament starts. There will be a grade six, seven, and eight tournament. Don’t feel like competing? Come down anyway and cheer your friends on. There will be prizes as well! Any questions please see Mr. Davidson…and as always GOOOOO sharks!
Important Dates to Remember...
Nov 30 – Bartering Fair
Dec 01 – Gr. 6 Immunizations
Dec 02 – PJ Day
Dec 05 – FAAS #2 Begins
Dec 07 – PAC Meeting; 6:00pm in the Learning Commons
Dec 14 – Report Cards Distributed
Dec 14 – Winter Band Concert
Dec 16 – PJ and Holiday Hat Day
Dec 19–Jan 02 – Winter Break, no school in session