Tuesday October 25 Announcements
Tuesday, Oct 25, 2022
Info for Students…
- Book Fair: The Russell Books Fair begins today and will run today, tomorrow, and Thursday. Each class will have a scheduled time to come and buy books and trinkets. Cash, debit, and credit cards are accepted. The fair will also be open after school until 4pm for students, parents & families to come during parent-teacher conferences.
- Paper recycling: Div. 8-6 requests that all teachers have their paper recycling bin placed outside their room by the end of Block 1 so that our class can collect them and empty them for you. Thank you, Merci, HISKWE!
- Early Dismissal and Parent/Teacher Conferences: Tomorrow & Thursday will be early dismissal, students will be dismissed at 1:33pm. Buses will run at the earlier schedule.
- Japanese Club: The Japanese Club is meeting today at lunch in Mme. Gevers room W115. Everyone is welcome, no experience necessary.
- Grade 6/7 Girls Basketball: Practice today at lunch.
- Leadership: There will be a leadership meeting at lunch today in Ms. Stewart’s room E111.
- Touch Football: Attention Sharks, there will be no touch football this week due to parent-teacher interviews and early dismissal. We will plan to play again next Wednesday November 2nd weather permitting.
- GSA: GSA club will be meeting NEXT Tuesday! Everyone welcome!
- Limbo Competition: Attention all sharks, a reminder that our school wide limbo competition will take place this Thursday. We will be having grade wide-competitions for prizes during lunch recess. Meet in the big gym right after indoor eating time…spectators are encouraged to come cheer on their friends!! Go sharks! Please note that Mr. Davidson will be at the front of the school today during lunch for any students who want to practice their Limbo skills!
- Basketball Scoreboard: Well done to both the Grade 7/8 girls and Grade 8 boys basketball teams for their strong efforts in their first games of the season yesterday. The boys played tough against a strong team from Monterey, while the girls battled against Gordon Head middle school. The boys are back in action tomorrow at Arbutus.
Information for Parents…
- Student Photos: Student photos will be sent home today. Retakes are scheduled for Nov 8 if your child was absent or would like a retake photo.
- PAC Meeting: The next PAC meeting is Wednesday, Nov 2 at 6:00pm in the Learning Commons. Everyone welcome to join! Click here for the Teams meeting link.
Important Dates to Remember...
Oct 26 & 27 – Early Dismissal, students dismissed at 1:33pm
Oct 26 & 27 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
Oct 31 – Halloween Howl
Nov 01 - Poppy Campaign Starts
Nov 02 – PAC Meeting in the Learning Commons; 6:00pm
Nov 08 – Photo Retakes
Nov 10 – Remembrance Day Assembly
Nov 11 – Remembrance Day, no school in session